A parrot has been arrested for alerting drug dealers that the police were coming, following a raid in northern Brazil.
The Parrot which was arrested after it alerted ‘drug dealers’ that the police were coming, was shouting “Mummy, police” as soon as security operatives arrived at a house in the Vila Irma Dulce neighbourhood of the city of Teresina. The green-feathered bird which was taken into custody where he was photographed perched inside a chicken-wire cage, before being transferred to Teresina Zoo, was owned by a drug dealer nicknamed “India” who had been arrested twice for drug trafficking in the past.
“He must have been trained for that,” said one officer involved in the operation. “As soon as police got close he began shouting.” “Lots of police officers have come by and he’s said nothing,” said local vet Alexandre Clark.
Footage of the raid’s aftermath aired by R7 showed police cataloguing small bags of crack, while the parrot sits obediently on a countertop next to a racecar helmet and a glass bottle. Husband of the drug dealer who owns the bird was identified only as Edvan, 30, and he was arrested after crack cocaine was found in the house during the raid. The couple’s 16-year-old daughter who was found with cannabis in her underwear, was released with a warnin according to Brazilian TV station Glob
READ ALSO 👇
- Yahoo Boy attempts to kill his mother for money rituals in Lagos (photos)
- EFCC arrests 14 undergraduate yahoo boys, 100 sim cards
- Nigerians react as new IGP Mohammed disbands FSARS
- Man, who killed wife, 2 children, 4 others on the run – Police
- Nigerian Police arrest woman who ordered her thugs to brutalize gateman for demanding for his salary
- Woman Caught Hiding 4 Expensive Rolex Watches Inside Her Private Part