Chelsea have won the Europa League following a 4-1 win over London rivals Arsenal in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The evenly-contested game failed to produce goals in the first half but the opening 25 minutes of the second saw five goals scored.
Olivier Giroud’s diving header put the Blues in the lead before Pedro Rodriguez added another to make it 2-0. Eden Hazard scored from the penalty spot but Alex Iwobi’s superb volley gave the Gunners a glimmer of hope as the score was 3-1.
But Hazard completed his brace with a fine finish courtesy of a Giroud’s assist as Maurizio Sarri’s men held on to win by 4-1.
It is Sarri’s first silverware in his coaching career and his first in his debut season with the Premier League outfit. Arsenal were the biggest losers on the night having lost the trophy and failing to book a ticket in next season’s Champions League competition.
The Gunners will be playing in the Europa League competition next season for the third-straight campaign.
Cech, also facing his old side and playing the final match of his career, could do nothing about Chelsea’s second goal either, with Pedro sweeping home a Hazard cross.
You Can Watch The Goals Highlight Below:
TRENDING NOW 👇
- Manchester United to face PSG, Liverpool vs Bayern Munich….Champions League last-16 draw revealed (See full draw)
- Top 10 Richest Football Clubs In The World And Their Worth
- BREAKING!! Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Pitch In Tears After Getting RED CARD In Champions League Debut For Juventus [Watch Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo rivalry was very healthy – Lionel Messi
- African best footballer, Mohamed Salah covers GQ Magazine (Photos)
- Cristiano Ronaldo shows off £1.85million wristwatch made with 424 glistening white diamonds as he returns to Manchester United (Photos)
- Tiemoue Bakayoko Leaves Chelsea To Join AC Milan on Loan
- Ronaldo’s sister— They are trying to destroy my brother
Leave a Comment.