Nigeria’s oldest prisoner, Pa Celestine Egbohuche, has regained his freedom after 19 years of being in the Enugu Maximum Prison.
Pa Egbunuche was sent to jail after a court found him and his son, Paul, guilty of plotting murder and condemned him to death. Just before leaving office, former Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, granted him state pardon.
The 100-year-old ex-convict was received outside the Enugu state maximum security prison by his only surviving daughter and the representatives of Global Society for Anti Corruption, an NGO who facilitated his release.
“I’m so grateful to God for this day. I’m the happiest human being on Earth” Celestine told newsmen
Egbunuche, suffers from health problems including diabetes and failing eyesight, and is currently in a hospital.
TRENDING POST 👇
- Nigerian guy burns girlfriend’s family house, kills 5 after she ended their relationship in Ondo
- Man jailed for crime committed by a lookalike, gets $1m settlement
- Why I stole my brother’s wife’s pants – Suspect
- Three SS1 Students Drug And Gang-Rape Their Classmate In Lagos
- Lady vows to stand by cheating husband who stabbed her
- Boko Haram attacks Maiduguri mosque, kills 11
- Man who forged Okonjo Iweala’s signature bang 4-years in jail
- Masked officers whisk Dino Melaye out of police hospital